1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quail Coop and Run? Need Ideas HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by aliena614, Jun 5, 2008.

1. aliena614

aliena614 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Anyone have pics of theirs? I have no idea other than to keep it copletly inclosed! DUH! [​IMG]
    THANKS IN ADVANCE!

2. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    Do not use chicken wire! use hardware cloth or somthing like it. I had a horrible experience with Bobwhite quail where a raccoon pulled them through the wire and ate off their legs. All but one!
    We had to finish them off and it was gruesome. I still get the shivers when I think of those poor babies!

3. aliena614

May 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    thanks guys! so sorry about your loss banter [​IMG] big hugs! im going to check out your links right now BiOsCOmp [​IMG]

4. aliena614

May 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    misquest creek looks like it will be the one! i like the double door idea! i have a small coop on the side of the soon to be chicken coop! check it out and see if you think it will work! the coop is on the left under the 2nd story deck!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by