1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quail Diaper

Discussion in 'Quail' started by BeautifulBlue, Apr 17, 2008.

1. BeautifulBlue

BeautifulBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    UK
    Hello, I'm new to the forum [​IMG]

Does anybody know if the chicken diaper design would fit my pet Japanese Quail? Would I measure the same way?

Blue

2. BeautifulBlue

Apr 17, 2008
    UK
    Bump! Quail Lover's Attention Please! [​IMG][​IMG]

3. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    It may be hard fitting it around such a small bird. Quail also tend to be very flighty, which may keep them from letting you put it on them.

4. BeautifulBlue

Apr 17, 2008
    UK
    I'd have no problem putting one on, she lives in the house and is very tame. I just wondered would I measure the same way I measure a chicken?

5. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    I don't have any personal experience with the diapers but I do with the saddles. I would think you would measure the same way as you do with a chicken or duck. You will have to post a picture when your done, as it would be the first quail I have ever seen in a diaper. [​IMG]

6. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    Quote:Same here, and I'm actually pretty interested in seeing how she acts about it. I've been wanting to get a chukar or maybe two for a while now (planning to keep inside), and them being of a similar size and nature, I'm rather curious to hear how that works out for them. [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    So cool!
    Did you ever make one? If you are making some I might one one or two! lol For some Button Quail. [​IMG]

8. silkymom

silkymom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    hello,
    should work, ive used them alot on wounded chickens, and ducks and all kinds, not a quail yet, but i got a few yrs ago and made my own from there, i dont see why ya cant make one, i rehab birds and i can now fix em up if need be, it would be cool if she liked it., im thinking on getting quail if my pheasnt eggs arnt fertile, i want to build a huge flight , do ya think quail would like a big natural pen, 10 by 30, with plants and dirt?
    silkymom

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Yes, but it depends on the quail you're planning on getting. [​IMG]
    I'm getting a pair of buttons next week, I wonder how big of a diaper they'd have to have?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by