Quail died...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by workindog, Apr 18, 2017.

1. workindog

workindog Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2015
    CT
    I am having the WORST luck! First i unplug my incubator. Today ia day 18 and no pips as of yet..:(

Now one of my female quails died, the pretty one that had white on her wings. They somehow knocked over the mason jar their food was in and she either chose to die in there or she got stuck? Removing her was somewhat hard so im assuming she got stuck, maybe suffocated or heart attack from freaking out?

When i pulled her out of the jar, her face was wet. Could she have been sick? I watch them all the time, they are still in my living room lol. they all seem healthy and are growing really good! Or was it somehow from freaking out in the jar, maybe water from her crop?

Either way, it sucked!!!

my dog had an early quail meal. Feathers and all. Which is why im doing this but dang, she was going to be one of my breeders. Now adding anothet female from what i read, might be hard.

2. workindog

workindog Out Of The Brooder

Dec 11, 2015
    CT
    On the positive side, i see 4 itttty bittttty pips :)

The irony of the female quail that died. My daughter named that one Becky (she was the only one we could tell apart cuz of the white on her wings)
    If any of you have seen finding dory.. becky was the idiot bird who had a popcorn bucket on her head. This becky stuck her head and body lol into a jar!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by