Quail Egg peeling machine (youtube)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jbobs, Mar 7, 2012.

1. jbobs

jbobs Chillin' With My Peeps

Saw this and the wheels started turning - no pun intended! It's basically two dowels being rotated under the eggs lick a ringer-washer and it just sucks the peels right off. I have spent HOURS and HOURS peeling eggs by hand for pickling and this looks mighty fine, if it works. Anyone evern make something like this before? Unfortunately it sells for 200 $US from Venezuala...

...and the song is stuck in my head now and I don't even speak Spanish lol

2. Bigdtc

Bigdtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2011
    I think I can make that. I'll have to figure out what material the dowels are made of, but i think I can copy it.

3. jbobs

jbobs Chillin' With My Peeps

I would think they would be rubber or latex? Here is another video of a guy who made one - it's all in Thai but you can see the process without needing the words, although his doesn't work as well you get the general idea:

1 person likes this.
  4. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    nice find.
    thanks for sharing.

[​IMG]

5. BirdCrazyLady

BirdCrazyLady Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    McAllen
    Thats awesome!!!! I want to build one too, hummmm wonder where to get rubber dowels..... Could you possibly use super glue to cover wooden ones in non skid rubber mats.

6. Bigdtc

Bigdtc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2011
    Thats what I was thinking, glue shelf liners to wooden dowels. I think the problem with the second video's design is that both dowels are not powered. When I make mine, both dowels will be powered by the hand crank and mine will likely have a gear attached to the front of the crank handle to be powered by a small electric motor...

7. Mek

Mek Chillin' With My Peeps

Modify a pasta machine? maybe?

8. BirdCrazyLady

BirdCrazyLady Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    McAllen
    has anyone tried this yet? Bigdtc, which way do you think the dowels are turning? towards each other in opposite directions? I'm trying to bribe my 14 year old brother to make this for me - the offer on the table is- in exchange for his skills- lots of boiled eggs( of course since it will be easy with this!) along with a homemade dinner of fried quail breasts and legs, biscuits and gravy!

9. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    OK, I'm going to show my age here - what I thought of when he rolled the paper through was typewriter.

10. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by