Puddingtheamericana

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2021
i’m currently incubating some quail eggs for the 4th time. 1st try was success, the rest weren’t, and now i’m doing it again. every time we hatched quails, they either poked a hole or completely got out all on days 23-24. which i thoguht was normal bc i had read it was 25 days, which i’m glad i did otherwise i would’ve tossed the eggs before they hatched.

anyways, i was wondering if anyone knew why this was? we use store bought eggs btw.

also whenever the eggs failed, there were always tonnnns of fully developed chicks inside, but they never hatched. maybe bc they take longer to hatch i stop turning them to early or too late? the humidity and temp are aways good usally

When do coturnix quail normally hatch? Its been 19 days and I haven't been getting any movement or pipping. I dont know too much about the incubating process because its my first time incubating eggs.
Average is around the 17 day mark (remember the day you set is day 0, not 1). My last batch I got anywhere from day 16 to like day 23 with most of them on days 17 to 19.

Edited for spelling

What breed are the quail that your hatching? Different breeds can have slightly different hatch times. And yes, humidity and temperature play a big role in when they may hatch.
What breed are the quail that your hatching? Different breeds can have slightly different hatch times. And yes, humidity and temperature play a big role in when they may hatch.
When do coturnix quail normally hatch? Its been 19 days and I haven't been getting any movement or pipping. I dont know too much about the incubating process because its my first time incubating eggs.

Average is around the 17 day mark (remember the day you set is day 0, not 1). My last batch I got anywhere from day 16 to like day 23 with most of them on days 17 to 19.

Edited for spelling

Edited for spelling
Thanks alot. I don't think any of the eggs will hatch because its day 22 and still no progress 😪 . I'm planning to wait another 2 days, and if they don't hatch by then, I'll set up my second hatch.

Thanks alot. I don't think any of the eggs will hatch because its day 22 and still no progress 😪 . I'm planning to wait another 2 days, and if they don't hatch by then, I'll set up my second hatch.
Let them go a couple days like you said...sorry to hear no progress. Things can change rapidly though too. I have a batch that I havent seen much in, that will hit day 17 officially in a few hours, but out of nowhere they're starting to pip externally left and right. Last night there was no internal pipping or anything lol. Keep us updated, and I wish you luck on the next batch

Back
Top Bottom