Quail eggs in the Incubator

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Epona142, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    How exciting! My first ever eggs in the incubator, 45 to be exact, although four of them are not in the turner. They fit nicely with room to spare on the side so I will do my best to turn them a few times a day. Does it hurt them too badly if you miss a turning or two?

18 days and counting! [​IMG]

2. pop57

pop57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Mount Sterling, Ky
    What kind of quail? Bobwhites take longer as in 20 days. either way you don't want to miss any turns if you can help it. and be sure and stop turning completely 3- 4 days prior to hatch day and increase the humidity to 60 - 70%

Pop

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Congrats [​IMG] [​IMG]

Before my turner, all I would do with massive amounts of coturnix quail eggs is roll them by hand (like i'd place my hand on a good amt of the eggs and push them delicately a few cms). So ofcourse i know some did not get turned as nicely as others...if at all.....and i've had 50% hatches...soo i think those few extra will be fine as long as you try to make a point to turn them atleast twice a day if you can. Ofocurse three times is best but i dont thik missing a turn for a day is going to hurt things. My theory wheni did it was, eventually they'll all be turned ha ha!

4. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    It's Coturnix, and I know very well to remove the others from the turner and bump the humidity.

Here's hoping for a good hatch. [​IMG]

5. pop57

pop57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2008
    Mount Sterling, Ky
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by