quail eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by redchick, Jun 27, 2011.

1. redchick

redchick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2009
    i got incubator from tractor supply looks to be ok i am trying to hatch quail eggs i got a few they lay alot by the way but i put five in two days ago. one egg sat for 3 4 days then the for come one night i am praying this works out any help would be great i turn them once or so a day temp 99.5 and i have been watching the water try making sure its full i hop to post pics of the little ones when or if they come . but ??? how long can i hold the fresh unhatched eggs befor they r not ok to go into bator so i can hatch more all in one batch . helpppppp

2. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I only hold them 7 days before I set them a lot of folks say 10-14 is OK I keep mine in a small 12 pack cooler with icepacks this keeps about 55-60 *

3. redchick

Sep 7, 2009
    Quote:so i should keep them cool it room temp not good ???

4. redchick

Sep 7, 2009
    Quote:so i should keep them cool it room temp not good ???

anyone with more input

5. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

I have kept eggs room temp for 10 days with good hatch rates. Make sure you tilt or turn your eggs at least once a day.

6. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    room temp. top (small) part of the egg should be facing down. 7 - 10 dayys max for eggs to sit. idk about cooling eggs iv only ever done room temp. with some hatches of quail eggs 100%. recently they've been better hatches with the fan i put in.

7. redchick

Sep 7, 2009
    Quote:there is a fan kit to put in my bator i will try to get one if it helps i hope i will get one to go but i never did this before so i am very restless and if any come i will post pics and do i need t[​IMG]o put them under light fore a few weeks??????/

8. redchick

Sep 7, 2009
    i got chicks so far 5 out off 6 hatched going to put some more in now that they hatched sweet

9. Bantam Chase

Bantam Chase Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2011
    SC PA
    I know I"m a bit late jumping in since you're already hatching... so congratulations on your chicks!

I have hatched dozens of button quail eggs in my still-air incubator from TSC... the hardest part was keeping a steady temperature in the 'bator, it fluctuated greatly with the room's temperature. I kept a digital thermometer right under the window and would check about 3 times a day, often having to adjust several times. I turned by hand and did the dry method, so even a low-tech incubator can do the job, at times I had 100% hatch rate with eggs that were over a week old before setting.

Congratulations again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by