quail escaped :S

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Fraoch21, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Fraoch21

Fraoch21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Highlands, Scotland
    does anyone have any good ideas for getting the 3 quail that escaped from my run? its 2 males and 1 female, brown coturnix. they could be anywhere in a mile radius and i cannot find them anywhere, been searching for a week. Also is there a risk of them breeding wild, as im sure the local community wouldnt be very happy if they did.
    thanks

2. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    Get a dog and your shotgun.

Start huntin' !

3. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Sorry to say, but being gone a week and not confined to at least your yard, I wouldn't expect to see them again......and that would hold true for pretty much any bird kept in captivity. Hope they turn up for ya, though........

4. Fraoch21

Apr 21, 2011
    Highlands, Scotland
    oh well, one just escaped this morning but flew into the long grass on our field and cant find him, i had just about givin up in finding any of them, this was me just chancin my hand that there was another way :L
    thanks anyway [​IMG]

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    How and why do they keep escapin'? Any quail that have been missing for more than 2 days were probably taken by predators. So sorry. [​IMG]

6. Fraoch21

Apr 21, 2011
    Highlands, Scotland
    2 escaped at the same time, they fly straight up hit the mesh and slide down the side between the mesh and the fence, working on sorting it out right now, got a temporary bit in place to stop them for now. i see why its so much easier to keep them in cages and hutches now [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by