Quail Family

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LakeBratt, Jun 16, 2017.

1. LakeBratt

LakeBratt Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2017
    Colorado River
    I'm so excited to be raising quail! I hope to meet a lot of fellow quail families! I'm nervous and I'm hoping not to mess this up. Just got my eggs and incubator today. Wish me luck. My grandbabies are counting on me. Thank you again for welcoming me to the forum!

2. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    :welcome:frow welcome! what breed? xx:love

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. You may want to post on the "Quail thread," for incubation advice.

Hybridchucks likes this.
  4. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    2x

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Good luck with your hatch!

Best wishes
    CT

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Welcome to the world of quail! I started keeping quail long before I got into chickens. They are super fun to keep! What kind of quail are you going to raise? I kept mostly Bobwhites, although I always had a few Coturnix and even a pair of Gambels at one time.

Definitely post in our Quail section to connect with other quail keepers... https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/quail.48/

Good luck with your hatch and welcome to our roost!

7. LakeBratt

LakeBratt Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2017
    Colorado River
    Hello Everyone! I'm going to hatch Gambel's! I'm so excited! I'm doing this with my grandbabies, but more for me since there's so many running free around here I caught one and I loved that it attached to me within the first three days, so I thought I'd try to raise some. I just don't know what to do with them once they've matured. I'd like to keep a few for myself and then what? I'm getting 30 because I wasn't sure how many would survive shipping and my first time with an incubator. I've had some farm/animal experience so I'm not totally blind here. Thanks for the support! I'm waiting for them to arrive as we speak.

8. LakeBratt

LakeBratt Just Hatched

Jun 16, 2017
    Colorado River
    So the package was just my incubator. I don't know how I missed that notice. I will call my supplier and see why I didn't get notified of two shipments..dang, at least I can test my incubator and practice humidity levels..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by