Quail fell down and injured leg

Vegetable Gardener

In the Brooder
Jul 31, 2021
She was struggling when I tried to clean her and eventually let herself free from my grasp. She did not fly to save herself even though she had flown once before. The quail is limping and dragging one foot, sole face-down; she is terrified of me now and tries to get away from me even though she used to love me just a few days ago. How can I help her get better? Is it possible to mend our relationship as well?

Also, I did try bringing sand, food, and water close together and put her in the sand bowl. It seems she likes to walk around and sleep in the corners of the cage.

She was struggling when I tried to clean her and eventually let herself free from my grasp. She did not fly to save herself even though she had flown once before. The quail is limping and dragging one foot, sole face-down; she is terrified of me now and tries to get away from me even though she used to love me just a few days ago. How can I help her get better? Is it possible to mend our relationship as well?

Also, I did try bringing sand, food, and water close together and put her in the sand bowl. It seems she likes to walk around and sleep in the corners of the cage.
If the quail you're describing above is one of the ones pictured in your other post I highly recommend ending her suffering immediately.

If the quail you're describing above is one of the ones pictured in your other post I highly recommend ending her suffering immediately.
Thanks, but the big quail was the one who got injured. She's doing much better today. It has been five days since her injury; she finally started putting her leg in proper position.

Other than her injury and my previous worry about feather loss, I think she is doing fine now. Thank you for your concern.

Back
Top Bottom