1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quail For Sale?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mountain Mel, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Mountain Mel

Mountain Mel Pinkchicks' Neighbor

Dec 31, 2010
    Castle Rock, WA
    I believe what I am looking for are known as California Valley Quail. I live in SW Washington State and I think I saw a few of these birds in the wild around here a couple of years ago. They seem to be quite plentiful just across the Columbia river in Oregon, which has exactly the same climate (very wet) as I have at my location. I would like to get 100 straight run, if the price is not TOO high....
    I'm sure that Desert Quail or the Texas quail would not tolerate our damp climate..Thanx

2. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I don't have any, but the desert and texas quail WOULD make it. [​IMG]

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    For that many birds it will cost a small fortune.If you could hatch eggs it will be more cost efficient.If I recall,they go for about 30.00 a pair for breeders.I would guess that someone would need to have a lot of breeders to sell them in lots of 100,not saying it's impossible.
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by