1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

QUAIL HAS WORM SYMTOMS!!-----would quail be ok with flubenvet pellets

Discussion in 'Quail' started by zayn, Apr 6, 2015.

1. zayn

zayn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2015
    uk
    one of my quails havs definite symtoms of worms. the only wormer i have access to here is flubenvet pellets 5kg so would quail be able to have this and what is the dosage for the one with worms and should i worm the rest with the pellets and would it be the same dosage and how long would they have to be treated for? and will i have to do it again after how long
    1-FOR the one with worms-
    2-the ones without worms
    3-and would the quail eat the size of the pellets, i do not have access to the vets as it would be a big hassle where i am an is there any other options i can use without going to the vets?
    thanks everyone in advance

2. BobDBirdDog

BobDBirdDog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Tennessee
    I do not have any experiance with the flubenvet pellets as I have never looked for them, but if it is used for chickens, wild game birds..... then it should be fine, anything is better than nothing in respect of its application. The fact that is all you have acess to sounds too limiting and there are many alternatives for worming. Look though the many threads that exist on this site to learn more about the alternatives.

I started this thread and it should give you a slight boost of ideas. Like I said there are many on BYC.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/965520/quail-worming-and-coccidia-mantainance-dose

3. EcoGirl979

EcoGirl979 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2015
    Oxford,UK
    My quail has internal parasites and I'm using flubenvet. I'm having to mix the pellets with water and syringe feed it to the quail because he's not eating or drinking because of the parasites.Does anyone know how to make the quail start eating and drinking again because I'm going away at Christmas (still quite a long time away) and it'll be tricky to get someone to look after it?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by