Quail hatch 3 days early help

MTChickenPreschool

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2017
So far 3 eggs have hatched 3 days early, another one popped and made her way around the egg but has been quiet so is almost ready to finish coming out. Today was supposed to be lockdown so I didn’t even get a chance to take the auto turner tray out. The humidity is around 30%. I’m worried if I open and up the humidity so the chicks don’t stick and die after pipping or if I take the already dry chicks out and do my lockdown process, either way someone is going to get hurt! Suggestions from expert Hatcher’s??

which quail specie we are talking about and the day they hatched?

an early hatch is normally due to high incubation temperature.

what to do:

- stop the egg turning if you didn't did that already.
- open the incubator and do the lockdown process asap. its more likely that something will go wrong (example: hatched quail will hurt themselves) if this is not done than the opposite.
- place the already hatch quail into the brooder if they are ready.

And dont worry, humidity is overrated and the eggs are more sturdy than you might think. even if you take the worst case scenario that the power goes off or you leave the incubator for a few hours at room temperature - the eggs still wownt die (at least the majority of which) - i'm not telling you to stop the incubator for hours obviously but just explaining that if you do the knockdown procedure and it take you like 10 minutes it wont make any difference whatsoever!

Source: Have been hatching thousands of quails per month for the past 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom