Quail Hatch-a-long

Pics
I am building my own DIY incubator then testing it with 7 eggs, so i'll be able to pitch in soon enough!
Awesome! What are you using?
I have used a heating pad and wet paper towels in a tote before, in fact I had to do that for a few days with this batch, because the incubator was late and the eggs were early!

Awesome! What are you using?
I have used a heating pad and wet paper towels in a tote before, in fact I had to do that for a few days with this batch, because the incubator was late and the eggs were early!
I am using a styrofoam cooler ($5), light bulb(I'll try a few different wattages to get the most accurate one, probably 25 or 30 watt) ($5), picture frame glass for viewing window ($0), light socket that plugs into the wall ($0), digital thermometer and hydrometer ($5).
Less than $20 in supplies at walmart. I'm not using a thermostat or a fan though, because I'm not comfortable with wiring things together.

I am using a styrofoam cooler ($5), light bulb(I'll try a few different wattages to get the most accurate one, probably 25 or 30 watt) ($5), picture frame glass for viewing window ($0), light socket that plugs into the wall ($0), digital thermometer and hydrometer ($5).
Less than $20 in supplies at walmart. I'm not using a thermostat or a fan though, because I'm not comfortable with wiring things together.
That is really cool! Good luck with it! And yes, I definitely relate to not wanting to go crazy with the wiring!

Back
Top Bottom