Quail Hatch - Day 24 - Gamble and Mexican Speckled Chicks! *PIC HEAVY*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CountryMom, Feb 5, 2009.

1. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    I have a dozen Gamble Quail eggs and 10 Mexican Speckled Bobwhites in the bator. This is my first attempt in my new Havobator 1588 and they are now in the hatcher which is my 1602. I am on day 23 and thinking maybe we wouldn't see much. I had two pips on day 21, two more on day 22 and now 4 on day 23. Well, I come in for a break. I have been fixing fence this afternoon - one of those oh so fun jobs. And find a zip. And now the chick has zipped two times around. He is peeping his head off and still not out of the egg! LOL I am about to head back to my outside project, but figured it would be fun to post a few pics first.

Here are my eggs in the bator in their carton.
    [​IMG]

And a pip on the gamble egg...
    [​IMG]

And the MS Bob zipping.....
    [​IMG]

Now why can't shipped chicken eggs do this well? [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    It shouldnt be long before you have quail chicks . [​IMG]

3. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    The eggs sure be laying on their side in the hatcher.

4. CountryMom

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Quote:Nope not on their sides in the hatcher. It is my camera angle.

I hatched a bunch out last summer in the carton method and liked it better than just setting my eggs in there.

5. CountryMom

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Well wouldn't you know it. I have a chick! [​IMG] Sure is cute with it's yellow down. And I have a picture to post, but the darn card reader is giving me trouble yet again. [​IMG] I will try to work on it after a bit. Just got in and need to feed the two legged critters first!

6. CountryMom

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Woke up this morning to two chicks. I wondered if we were going to see anything from the Gamble eggs. Well, after being in there just 30 minutes ago I went back to check and not only do we have two hatched from the Gambles but more zipping and more pipping like crazy! I thought the Bobwhites hatched quick, but man these Gambles take the cake.

I am going to take my wonderful computer apart right now and see if I can't get this card reader to work. I have some cute pictures of fuzzy and wet little quail chicks! [​IMG]

7. CountryMom

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Ok, card reading back in business. Darn cable keeps slipping out inside the puter. [​IMG] Hoping the new duck tape works to keep it in! [​IMG]

Here is the mexican speckled Bob that hatched yesterday. Wish you could see the brilliant yellow down better in the picture. They are so pretty!
    [​IMG]

ms all dried and running around...
    [​IMG]

Gamles zipping...
    [​IMG]

And some of the chicks today. We have just two ms bobs, and now 5 gambles.
    [​IMG]

More gambles with heads out just zipped. These guys are out now running around.
    [​IMG]

I will let them all continue to run around and wait on more eggs until tonight. Then they will go in a brooder and off to the quail barn! So glad to have a couple more MS Bobs. I only have one pair right now. Not super meaty birds, but very beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by