Quail head injury....help

HannahKline14

Chirping
Jun 21, 2020
Ohio
I came out and she was like this none of the other quail have any sign of injury. There is 1/4 in hardware cloth around the whole cage except the floor is 1/2 in but there's a tray that is right I don't think a mouse could've gotten in what do I do. Should I clean the wound and how did this happen could one of the other quail of done this plz help fast
20200808_154802.jpg
20200808_154758.jpg

I came out and she was like this none of the other quail have any sign of injury. There is 1/4 in hardware cloth around the whole cage except the floor is 1/2 in but there's a tray that is right I don't think a mouse could've gotten in what do I do. Should I clean the wound and how did this happen could one of the other quail of done this plz help fastView attachment 2282130View attachment 2282131
Ok y'all I think it's a mouse bite I think it got in through the egg roll out half in hardware cloth there's a lid to the roll out that I thought would prevent preditors from getting in but I think mice can get in half in hardware cloth.( the quail food has been disappearing rather quickly for a couple days I didnt think anything of it until now) I'll insert pics any tips on how to keep mice away?

We had the quail pen in our goat barn( a large shed where we keep goats in a stall at night and all of our animal feed) we moved the pen outside because there our open windows and vents in the goat shed that mice could get in and im gonna take the food out It night any other sugestuons
20200808_160231.jpg
20200808_160222.jpg

Ya, take the food out at night, and fill in any holes with steel wool then hardware cloth, I read that rats can’t get through that. Good luck, wish I could help more.
ok I'll try the steel wool I already have hardware cloth so it had to of been a small mouse getting in through the half in hardware cloth floor

So the wing is injured a bit too I rinsed the wounds and put some ointment on. Now I guess all I can do is just wait and hope for the best thanks for all the help🙂

Back
Top Bottom