Quail Housing and food bowls

Discussion in 'Quail' started by quailmekiwi, Nov 9, 2011.

1. quailmekiwi

quailmekiwi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2011
    Hi everybody!

Just wondering about quail housing...
    What type of housing do you guys use for your quail?

Enclosures, pens, wire cages, hutches, eglus, chicken houses, ANYTHING!!Could you come and post some pictures of your quail houses to give me some ideas of different quail housing?
    And do any of you have homemade food dishes that could prevent little quail toes from stepping in their food? If so, could you please share some of your ideas?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

2. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

i use kitty or cat litter pans for my coturnix except for chicks. they get the black plastic plant starter flats b/c the sides are lower so they can get in .
    My cages are "rabbit" cages...a 2" X 4" lumber frame with a slanted plywood roof that's wrapped in heavy plastic to protect from adverse weather conditions. i don't attach the plastic at the bottom ,that way i can raise or lower it as the situation dictates ( cold,rain, snow,etc.).
    for quarantine or fresh from the brooder birds ,i have a set up in the shed in all 1/2" wire cages of assorted sizes .

3. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Check out the sticky at the top of the quail forum. There is a link in there for quail pens tons of people have posted ther enclosures. You can basicaally use anything as long as you keep it clean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by