1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quail hurt.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by quails-101, Jun 9, 2016.

1. quails-101

quails-101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    My quail got beet up by another mail quail and Both eyes are I hope swollen shut not pecked out I got rid of the quail that was betting the others up but how can I feed and water the hurt quail. I really don't want to put it out of its misery. Thanks for the advice.

2. DK newbie

DK newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    I've read about blind quail managing to feed and drink on their own, so I assume it might be able to figure it out, as long as feed and water is easily accessible in large, open dishes. Observe it and help it if it doesn't seem to get it on its own - perhaps try to place it in the dishes so it can feel the contents with its feet. And if it still doesn't get it, I'd feed it with a syringe a few times a day.

3. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    my male button is sight challenged from eye injury and his mate talks to him and he goes to the water and food dishes. Yours might do the same thing.

4. quails-101

quails-101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Ok thanks it turns out his eyes where swollen or at least one is because it is open slightly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by