Quail In West Virginia?

rinnith

Songster
14 Years
Apr 4, 2009
Pittsburgh pa
I have a friend in West Virginia who is wondering what she needs to own coturnix legally in West Virginia.

Her friend told her they can not own them since they are migratory they are illegal there. (this doesn't sound right to me...) I wanna know if this is true. any one know?

If there is a permit needed she would like to know how much it would cost, if anyone knows. ( I assume, you would get said permit at a game commission)

Thanks so much!!

A. Coturnix Are Not Migratory
B. Coturnix Are Not Indigenous (native) To N America
C. Tell Her To Contact Her Local Fish And Game Office And Ask Them Directly What She Needs And Whats Involved-- Cost, Inspections, Applications Etc...

I was misinformed then, as for her asking... she has tried and is waiting for a response. I was just trying to see If I could get the information a bit faster.

However some states may requiring having permits for non native species or ornamental birds in captivity, I'm unsure of any states requiring this or not.. But i know Pa is not one of them.. Ive searched for more info on WV, but man i just cant find anything out there on it..maybe somebody raising game birds or ornamentals in WV can chime in here..
cool.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom