1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quail Incubator

Discussion in 'Quail' started by ppurv326, May 10, 2011.

1. ppurv326

ppurv326 Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    What is a good starter incubator? Im looking at the HovaBator's but don't know if it is a good brand. Help?

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Hovabators are a great brand... especiallly the Genesis. It's what I reccomend for people wanting high hatch rates, and it is just cheap enough that you don't have to dig for a $600 incubator.

3. ppurv326

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    easy to use too right???

4. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:Very. The Genesis has an electric thermostat, so you plug it in and it is automatically 99.5. But you can adjust it fairrly easily, too.

5. ppurv326

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    Know anyone that is getting rid of theres? about how much do they cost?

6. Whitehouse Quail

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    About $120 for the incubator, and $40-50 for an auto turner and quail racks. (The autoturner is worth it.) The manufacturer (gqfmfg.com) sells them for pretty low, and Cutler Supply sometimes has great deals on things like this. I can keep an eye out, or I may even have one after the emus hatch. [​IMG]

7. ppurv326

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    EMUS??? ur telling me that i can use the same incubator ur using for emus for quail??? any chance u could send pics?

8. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Brinsea Octagon Models.. The Oct 20 Is Complete And Results In The Best Hatches Possible For Gamebirds. It Can Be Purchased For 99 Bucks From Brinsea Brand New, They Are Molded Plastic And Dishwasher Safe For Cleaning/ Sterilization- Not Junky Styrofoam. They Are Designed To Be All Inclusive--- No Autoturner Needed For Another 60 Buck + Quail Rails For An Addition 20 Like Hova And Lg. Brinsea Is Designed For Professional Zoological Use And Prefered By Most Serious Zoos And Avian Formularies

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Oh Yeah... Forgot, They're Set It And Forget Simple... Add Water And Plug It In

10. ppurv326

May 2, 2011
    Stevens Point
    if u dnt want it after ur emus hatch, then...YES ILL TAKE IT! Hell ill buy one new too for that kind of convenience. How well does it work?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by