quail nest boxes

Discussion in 'Quail' started by birdmaniac3000, Sep 11, 2010.

1. birdmaniac3000

birdmaniac3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    los angeles
    does any one want to share there quail nest or hide for there quail that u might use these are what i use for my button quail or my baby quail chicks. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/57622_imag0006.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/57622_imag0007.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/57622_imag0008.jpg this is a old baby wipe box i cut the hole then i taped the side with tape then i put it in the cage with grass or bedding inside it my quail love them.

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I don't use nest boxes. I have some cages with little hamster houses but other than that with all the pairs I have, they usually make their own nests if the hens go broody.

3. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    In the quail hutch I built I just put some carpet tacks down to hold the base of a lean to piece of wood,.. just kinda slanted off the side and they nest in it,.. even had a button quail go broody in it,..

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    My buttons won't use nesting boxes, they preferr to lay in the corner on their pen. [​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

My buttons won't use nesting boxes, they preferr to lay in the corner on their pen. [​IMG]

Same with mine.​

6. TCollier

TCollier Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Franklin, Ohio
    So basically what all of you are saying is I just wasted money on the wood I bought to make next boxes for my Texas A&M and Jumbo Browns Oh well I am sure I will find another use for it.

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Yep - Pretty Much. [​IMG]
    You can make some Chicken Nesting Boxes ... [​IMG]

8. TCollier

TCollier Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Franklin, Ohio
    Already have plenty of Chicken Nest Boxes. I will figure something out. Maybe I will just get creative. Oh well it was worth a try.

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Maybe you can find a use for'em. [​IMG]

10. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Make them up and put sand in them. My Jumbo Brown's lay most of their eggs in their sand box. Then Big Bad Bertha, sits on them until I gather them.

She attacks all the males but not me, Yet. After my last hatch, I may let her keep some just to see what she does. Maybe she'll quite killing the Males.

Yup, sand boxes for Jumbo's around here work for nesting boxes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by