Quail next week

6, just the average run of the mill from the feed store, almost finished with their cages, got to say they are cherry

So it started with framing out the roof and floor.

Then 'studs' we're stood to give the coop a complete framework along with wired completely, I have dividers that can be easily removed or added back in to make this big cage into 3 smaller breeding pens

Then the doors were cut and a roof was added, doors are latched and hinged like so

It still needs some 2x4 legs to get it up off the ground but it is basically complete minus the legs and outside watering and feeding systems, and I still need to pick up my birds later this week.

Oh and the whole thing only cost me 21 dollars for the wire and hardware, everything else was free scrap from my Job I set aside

I call it the quail condo what do you all think?

I'm totally going for small effort it's easy to clean, get birds, get eggs, feed and water, do you know if two Roos with enough hens will work living together or should they stay separated

So it started with framing out the roof and floor.

Then 'studs' we're stood to give the coop a complete framework along with wired completely, I have dividers that can be easily removed or added back in to make this big cage into 3 smaller breeding pens

Then the doors were cut and a roof was added, doors are latched and hinged like so

It still needs some 2x4 legs to get it up off the ground but it is basically complete minus the legs and outside watering and feeding systems, and I still need to pick up my birds later this week.

Oh and the whole thing only cost me 21 dollars for the wire and hardware, everything else was free scrap from my Job I set aside

I call it the quail condo what do you all think?
I really like this cage!

Back
Top Bottom