1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Quail people must go to bed with the birds!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Rozzie, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Here it is 12:30 AM and ya'all must be asleep like normal people.

Ah well, guess since no one is posting I don't have an excuse for staying up either.

Today (well yesterday now) I put the last two bird cages I bought to use. These two are LITERALLY bird cages. One is a parrot cage or something similar. The other one is a bit smaller. They now house button quail. They aren't so sure they like it but my cats need their carrier back for a trip to the vet. (Though, heaven knows how I'm going to clean the blasted thing since it's one of those soft sided things...I used it for birds in a moment of desperation & stupidity, ROFL.)

Oh, and I got a rabbit, too. His name is Rabbit. He's 4 years old, an agouti neutered male. He's a little sweetheart. He's already demanding food treats...

2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Must show pics of said bunny.

I'm up too. But going to bed soon. [​IMG]

I recently came up on 3 REALLY long nice cages, but the individual compartments are small so I don't know what to put in them, my rabbits wont fit... [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  3. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010
    LOL I decided I better go to bed. Good thing. The crazy dog woke me up at 3 and again at 7. She normally sleeps til 8:30 or so...

Bunny
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:OMG - [​IMG]
    Your "Bunny" is soooooo cute! [​IMG]

I'm planning on getting two Holland Lops in a few weeks! [​IMG]

5. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010
    Thanks! He's adjusting to his new life. I can now pet him when he is eating, and can "groom" him a bit.

From what I understand (I have friends with pet rabbits), the Oxbow brand food is really good stuff. That's what bunny was used to already, too, so that's what we are using.

6. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Can I see some of the button quail!?

7. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010
    I haven't taken any button quail pics lately. I will have to get some for you at some point. There are lots in other threads, though, by other members.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:THat cage is neat! That hay feeder is pretty cool. How does it work?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  9. Rozzie

Jul 14, 2010
    You take the lid off to fill it. It has a hole cut in the other side for bunny to pull hay out through. It has little holes cut in the top where it hangs on nails that are on the divider board of the cage. I'll try to post some pictures for you later this week. (I can't do it tomorrow, probably).

It came with Rabbit & his cage. [​IMG]

It actually works really well. It hangs over one end of his litter pan. If you've had rabbits before, you know that you want to feed them hay over their litter pan because they often go potty while chewing on their hay. This helps encourage them to go in the right place. He is really well litter trained, but this helps simplify things. It also makes it really easy to collect his leavings for the compost pile!

10. CatJane0x0

CatJane0x0 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Alpena, MI
    Aw, he's cute!
    I had a lop-eared bunny when I was younger named Annie...turned out to be a boy.

I like his color...and that cute white belly with the matching paws.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by