1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

quail rack

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 98 gt, Jan 19, 2009.

1. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    where is a good place to buy quail eggracks for the little giant egg turner?

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I bought mine on eBay. [​IMG]

3. 98 gt

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    kinda importat i guess, also founda local source in the meantime, thanks though. unfortunately i have to buy all 6 racks though because theycome in a complete kit, but its only $20 so oh well.

4. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    Can you tell me how long the rack is and pictures would be great!!! I new one rack and would like for it to be a quail rack, if you don't need all 6 you might list them on here [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
  5. 98 gt

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    I think I'm gonna use them all... I'm getting into quail and pheasant eggs soon... Started some quail eggs but haven't purchased the actual quail racks yet...

6. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    [​IMG]

7. 98 gt

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    its the same size as a standard lg rack for the 6300 i believe the number is... just with more holes its only $20 at most places.

8. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    the thing is I have a hand me down and don't know what I got is why I wanted to know how long it was. I can't seem to fine anyone who can tell me how long they are and right now I can't get in the store that sells them to see for my self Everyone tells me the standard. I thought you had bought them and did not need them all, I would use all mine too if I had them. Birthday is friday maybe I can wait and see about them then Thanks did not mean to hijack your thread!! [​IMG]

9. 98 gt

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    No problem... I actually just used some cosmetic cotton pads to make a cup in the egg holders so the button quail eggs would fit...

10. 98 gt

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    update!! the quail racks for the hovabator auto turner fit into the LG auto turner!! yay

and to top it all off, they only cost 8.27 after tax for all 6 from the local feed shop

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by