Quail sitting on rump having trouble walking?

ldrchickens

Songster
Jul 1, 2018
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Hey guys. I noticed one of my quail acting strange today. Went out to check and one was dead and one is sitting on its but habing trouble walking. It just flaps around and rolls around? Has anybody seen this? What could cause this? TIA!
20190418_164040.jpg
20190418_164019.jpg

Is there any chance they were exposed to a toxin? Or that something scared them and a couple ran into the walls?

Do you have video of how it moves?
I tried to upload a video but it won't go through. Im just now able yo upload pics. It just flaps around or rolls around. Wont really walk. I dont think so. I don't allow my family to put poisons out. And everybody said they havnt put any thing out. They are in a 10l by 10 w by 10 h dog kennel with a small chicken coop i lock them up at night in. They are my new babies i hatched and are super flighty so maybe they did

Hey guys. I noticed one of my quail acting strange today. Went out to check and one was dead and one is sitting on its but habing trouble walking. It just flaps around and rolls around? Has anybody seen this? What could cause this? TIA!View attachment 1743156 View attachment 1743157
The posture of the bird in the pic is exhibiting one of having trouble laying an egg. She could or may be egg bound.
Try to get some calcium citrate into her. You can get it at most grocery stores or Walmart in the pharmacy section.
It will help the reproductive muscle to contract and push the egg out. Soaking in a warm Epsom bath will also help.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom