1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

quail spiling food

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by puma_eclipse, May 10, 2011.

1. puma_eclipse

puma_eclipse New Egg

Apr 27, 2011
    I have 16 quail and they are spilling so much food, I put a chick feeder in pin, and even put it on bricks but they just flick what they don't want out through the hole next to them I need a good feeder idea, please help, I give them about 1&1/2 pounds of food and most of it is on ground next day pleas help, the feeder has many holes probably 20.

2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    You could try not filling it full, just giving them a bit so they don't waste. (I understand my chicks are slobs) You could try a wall feeder too.[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  3. puma_eclipse

puma_eclipse New Egg

Apr 27, 2011
    If I don't fill it full they r very hungry when I do feed them and Idk what u mean by wall feeder, if u are talking about gravity feed, they will do the same thing.

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I got some feeders from a dude on this site that seem to work really well. His handle is Jimsbirdhouse > There well made & I haven't noticed any waist.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by