Quail Update...PICS

Discussion in 'Quail' started by SamG347, Feb 17, 2009.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Here are some updated pics of the quail. I have two brooders going right now. One with I think 53 assorted colors and one with 5 assorted colors.
    Enjoy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm starting to get worried because every Jumbo Brown I pulled out of the brooder today was a FEMALE.....going to do a total check one of these days here.
    [​IMG]

2. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Great pics! My brooder only has a small amount in there for now. I finally put lights on my bobs so I hope to be hatching here soon enough.

Good luck finding a jumbo roo. Sounds like that is what you need?

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Is it 53 colors, or 53 chicks? [​IMG] That's a lot of colors!!

I know what you're saying on the jumbos though. Who did you get your eggs from? I hatched 16 chicks from pop57's eggs around Christmas, and out of those there were only 4 males. One of them decided to hang out with the baby ducks, and didn't make it. Guess they didn't like their visitor. So that left me with 3 males and 12 females. Which was perfect, but odd!! [​IMG]

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    cutie babies! [​IMG]

5. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    My Jumbos are mostly from an ebay seller.....And that is 53 chicks...only about 4-5 colorations....Ginger...Brown...Golden...Texas A&M....Tibettan...and British Dark Range.
    And I'm giving the jumbos a little longer to hopefully start showing their true colors lol....this is the first time I have hoped for a male of anything....but I can always just hatch more eggs...hahah which I will probably be doing. I do have 30+ eggs sitting here waiting to go into the bator.
    [​IMG]

6. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Oh how pretty they are. I only have 2 right now but look forward to hatching some more soon.

7. dinahmay

dinahmay Out Of The Brooder

Those jumbo brown females are great for people like me. Wish I could buy fifty, but I know I won't be able to do that. Something less.

Hmmm... how much room would I need for fifty?

8. SamG347

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    LOL for 50 in one pen I would say a pen that has 25 sq/ft....some people would say 50 sq/ft but that is completely up to you. Coturnix like being close and don't mind being "cramped" But I still try and give my birds enough space they can have a personal bubble lol.
    [​IMG]

9. dinahmay

dinahmay Out Of The Brooder

I like a personal bubble. [​IMG]

I'm willing to give it to my quail or chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by