1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

quail

Discussion in 'Quail' started by HannahJones1, Apr 25, 2017.

1. HannahJones1

HannahJones1 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    I have an issue as I have found a japanese quail in my yard and I have no idea what to do with it. I would like to find it a legitimate home with someone that will take really good care of it. It is pretty tame, I have posted for an owner and have had no response. Looking for ideas on where/who I can send it to.

2. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Don't know where you are but see if there are any avian rescues nearby. If you are looking to just get rid of him, they are edible [​IMG] but I'm going to assume you want a loving home for him.

3. WeAreK1ngs

WeAreK1ngs New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    Canoga Park, CA
    Where are you located?

4. HannahJones1

HannahJones1 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    Lake Elsinore

5. HannahJones1

HannahJones1 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    Lake Elsinore

6. HannahJones1

HannahJones1 New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    I did contact a rescue and they are unable to take her because she is not wildlife. The can't legally take a store purchased quail. I'm in Lake Elsinore. I don't think I will be eating it. My daughter would have a heart attack!

7. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm, maybe check at the local pet shop for folks familiar with birds? I was thinking pet bird rescue rather than wildlife but . . .Check with any vets locally, ESP if there is an avian vet in the area. Bird vets know lots of crazy bird people [​IMG].

8. Binki

Binki Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Maybe it's time to get into quail? [​IMG] Hehe!

If it has escaped, I don't think it would have went too far? So I'm thinking it likely came from a quail cage from one of your neighbours?

9. rachier8ch

rachier8ch New Egg

Mar 27, 2017
    Lake Elsinore, CA? I would call or go to the Tractor Supply Co on Collier, next to where you turn to take hwy 74. They might have a bulletin board you can post on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by