Quail

Kay...

Chirping
Jun 16, 2018
United kingdom
Not sure if this is the forum to post in can't find anywhere else. How can I tell a girl and boy apart I had 40 quail hatched there about 5 days now. 1 fell in water I got it out and there was a lump under it is that a boy? As a few others has the same thing but others don't. Also when can I start letting them outside? Thanks

There a mixed I had Rosetta,Italian,mixed tuxedo and Japanese in incubator together so I'm not too sure which is which yet. Thank you I can't find the ones with them on but it was sticking out and in could see it with out touching. Its my first time hatching anything i got ducks and peahen eggs in incubator aswell. Thank you

There a mixed I had Rosetta,Italian,mixed tuxedo and Japanese in incubator together so I'm not too sure which is which yet. Thank you I can't find the ones with them on but it was sticking out and in could see it with out touching. Its my first time hatching anything i got ducks and peahen eggs in incubator aswell. Thank you

Was the lump on their front or underneath them? You can see the crop very clearly when they're that little.

If they are newborns that’s prob like the other poster said it’s near their belly, umbilical cord that attaches them to the egg and when they are born or freshly hatched I mean, their bellies there are usually swollen, totally normal. Or it could be a harder lump near that area and in that case it may just be a bit of the cord left over that hasn’t fallen off yet - kind of like a human baby. It’s a bit like a tiny scab, it will come off if that’s what it is, if it’s swollen belly it will be normal soon, or it should be anyway.

Back
Top Bottom