Quailladyoffortmayers

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Delta3013, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Delta3013

Delta3013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Harker Heights, TX
    I've been reading up on the button quail for about approx. 22 hrs stright now and Im loveing the breed more and more, I was wondering if the stellar gamebird site is of your farm...(prob. is)..... and I was wondering what would be better, ordering hatching eggs, or getting a breeding pair...Yours just stick out to me (No offense to anyone else) and I like your enthusism for the fragile breed. It's just that I dont trust myself with my incubator...like im paranoid that I'll mess up and loose them all, and if I do I will not be able to order till next weekend....Im impacint when it comes to getting new birdies.... I love they little fluffy butts so much and my mum has agreed to let me get some, I just want to help the breed out.
    Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    That's me alright!

It's up to you. Hatching eggs are fun because the button quail are so tiny and adorable as youngins and it's great to watch them grow throughout their life stages. It's addicting.

3. Delta3013

Jul 16, 2010
    Harker Heights, TX
    last November, one of my friend offered me eggs to hatch, after 3 STRAIT day of begging my mum, she let me. The eggs didnt make it...[​IMG]... only one was fertile, it died of a temp spike up to 105 F(Thats why Im scared, but it was a old bator)....[​IMG]. So that was my bad run in, but I think Im like you, It just took that one chance and now Im hooked, I've compleatly changed my careere choices from lab reserch to Agriculture..Im going to be in 4 Ag classes by my Jr. Year, Im Freshman, and my flock now includes 10 chickens (1 frizzel, 9 red silkies, 1 silkie cick, +2 tommaro evening)+ 25 meat chickens, 3 rabbits, 3 ducks, And more to come, so these button quail will be a very nice addition to have. I love breeding and seeing that I can help new life in my own back yard![​IMG] P.S. Im also Hardcore FFA member!!

Sorry If this message is to gooey for you but I just love Ag now! And would like to have some eggs please, but not till next weekend.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
  4. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    HaHa!

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Oh no worries. Glad for the enthusiasm [​IMG] pm me and we can chat.

6. Delta3013

Jul 16, 2010
    Harker Heights, TX
    K, Mum just said it'll have to wait ti'll spring now:barnie
    We're having some Parental separation issues (the D word....[​IMG]) And she wants to wait till all my poultry shows are over in mid march so...... We'll talk then. Thanks.

7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Well let me know [​IMG]

8. DNAatWork

DNAatWork Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2011
    Coalville, UT
    @quailladyoffortmyers (i'm the facebook person from utah haha) I need to order some eggs from you too!!!

@Delta3013
    I had some bad experinces with button quail too [​IMG] The first time I hatched them, they were so small they escaped the brooder... [​IMG] and the second time I had a colony of 9 or so (I don't remember) and the light bulb went out GRRRRR I want to try one last third time... but scared i'm going to kill them again. Also a ffa member, not hardcore though, but have my own farm haha

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Lets Move The Business End Off Of The Forum And Take It To Pm's

10. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    It is turning into a WTB section, I am guilty to some degree myself.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by