Quails picking on each other.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by quails-101, Jun 24, 2016.

1. quails-101

quails-101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    My male quail are picking on each other and ripping each others neck feathers out how do I stop them I tried separating them and letting there feathers grow back in and I put them back together on Wednesday and today (Friday) they started picking on each other again. I know it's over females at least I think so. I see my friend's quail and they look perfect and he has 40 something quail and he has never separated any of them he has the same kind as I do English white quail and I have 27 quail I don't under stand what can I do.

2. DK newbie

DK newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2015
    If they can't see or hear any females, males can sometimes (usually? not sure) be kept together with no problems. It might also be a space issue that makes your quail behave differently from your friend's.

3. UniqueQuail

UniqueQuail Just Hatched

Jun 6, 2016
    Aberdeenshire, Scotland
    I always seperate my males from females. Only have 1 male to 6 females to fertilise eggs. Males don't fight when no females with them.

4. quails-101

quails-101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    I have noticed that because I did that males with male on accident and they seemed fine so thats why I put then together again I will just separate them again. thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by