Quaker Parrot

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amyparrotflock, Dec 2, 2009.

1. amyparrotflock

amyparrotflock Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    young green split to blue quaker parrot- 4months old(male-sexed pelvically) last of his clutch, co-parented as the parents have a bad habit to double clutch without a baby in the box/cage. Fully Fledged- knows how to fly, land, and take back off. Diet consists of anything in his bowl- he's a great eater and will play with anything new and eat everything put in his bowl (seed/pellets/fresh fruit and veggies).

A lot of work has gone into him, however he is still a little handshy- doesn't bite, but not 100% handtame, with work he will come around. Can be grabbed, doesn't bite/isn't nippy when handled roughly- has been handled by childern.

Already talking, and showing signs of wanting to learn more. I can't make out the phrases except for kiss kiss (working on "I love you" and bye-bye/goodnight)

you will need a cage, as the one he's in will not be suitable for permnant keeping. I can send his favorite toy with him- a blue "wave"

parents are a blue and split to blue quaker. pictures available upon request. Shipping is not available, but I can deliver locally.

edit: here's the parents

[​IMG]
    Beaurgard -Green (Boo for short) and Belle- Blue

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by