Quality of Buff Laced Brahma??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickenlady3, Apr 6, 2012.

1. chickenlady3

chickenlady3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Central California
    Hi,
    I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of Buff Laced Brahma for $200.00. First of all I'm clueless if this is a fair price? Secondly, I have researched the breed and I've attached a pic of the 8 mo. old pullet for your perusal (sorry, it's not the greatest but all that I have to go on). To me, it looks as if she has too much copper in the head/neck area? Again, I'm new to these guys so maybe it will lighten in time? The owner lives quite a ways away so I'm wondering if it's worth the trip to check them out?? Any opinions from those who know would be fantastic! Thanks so much![​IMG]

2. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    I'm not a Brahma person, but I stumbled across this thread and recognized your name. How are your Wyandottes doing?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

As I understand it they are still a "project," so I imagine it is expected that they would not be perfected yet. I have a few.

[​IMG]

4. chickenlady3

Jun 11, 2011
    Central California
    Hey There! Great...I may be back to get some more. My sister-in-law who coudln't "decide" ended up taking most of them!! lol

5. chickenlady3

Jun 11, 2011
    Central California

Thanks, you have some beautiful birds....I've decided to take the gamble! :) Is there any published standard that I can adhere to, anything that you know of to find out about what to cull? I know pea comb is desired over straight, anything else that you know of that randomly pops up??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by