Quarantine?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by tweetyflights, Sep 10, 2011.

1. tweetyflights

tweetyflights Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2010
    Hey all, so I've finally found someone in my area with two valley hens for me and my lil' man, my question is, How exactly should I quarantine these two? I can't think of anything I could use as a temporary cage, as we sold out dog crate, and cat carriers are too small, so I guess I'll have to build one. [​IMG] Oh well. But how long should we quarantine these two? And what are some steps too make sure that if they do have any sickness, than it won't spread to my current male? And what should I add for the females? other than more oyster shell, and nest boxes (if they use them). I'm planning on expanding my current cage by 3 more feet in width (5 feet long), but I'm not sure how happy my dad will be about that, as he's the only "building person" in my family.I know it's already big enough, but still. Thanks and sorry about the grammer. [​IMG]

2. Eyeheartquail

Eyeheartquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    You could use a Rubbermaid storage bin?

3. tweetyflights

Aug 16, 2010
    I just found a box, type thing, that I'll only need to put wire on the front and bottom, and a latch on top. [​IMG]

I think i read somewhere, that 30 days is how long you should quarantine, is this true?

4. tweetyflights

Aug 16, 2010
    anyone? [​IMG]

5. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

IT is for chickens. But I don't truly know...... Where is QuailLady when u need her?

6. tweetyflights

Aug 16, 2010
    Quail Lady??? JJ???? where are you? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by