Queen Latifah, the black minorca

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jossanne, Aug 2, 2008.

1. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I got a pretty nice pic of my minorca today, and wanted to share. She's 18 weeks old today, and getting really pretty. Her comb flopped this week.

For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what she was at first, because her face, comb and earlobes were black. I posted a thread on here, thinking she was an australorp maybe, but didn't have the right bodystyle.

Anyway, it's obvious now that she's a minorca, and she's getting gorgeous. This pic is from my phone, because it's all I had in my pocket when we were hanging out in the henhouse...

[​IMG]

2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    She is a beautiful pullet. I know your proud of her. She should be laying soon at that age. Your flock looks well kept.

3. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Thanks! [​IMG] We love the girls to pieces, and they're very sweet and friendly. Only one laying so far, but we're watching for more... one egg a day isn't enough!

4. ChickPeas

ChickPeas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Iron Station, NC
    What a pretty young lady she is!

5. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    she's BEAUTIFUL and we just LOVE her name!!!!!

Celeste and I love the movie Beauty Shop!

6. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Thanks! When the name came to me, I just knew that it fit her. She's beautiful, and she's the queen of the flock so far. I've never seen Beauty Shop, but we liked Hairspray...

7. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Our Australorp is going to be queen of the flock, I just know it!

queen Latifah would have been a GREAT name for her too!!! Her name is Pearl though instead.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by