QUESTION A/B IVERMECTIN (IVOMEC)...

bugladyleah

Songster
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
PA
Hey all....Does anyone know if Ivomec is effective as an additive to drinking water? I am planning on worming everyone here...have had some hens with poopy butts. I can do all my bantams, etc. topically with no problem, but I have a large pen w/ large breeds and peafowl. I just CANNOT imagine catching the peafowl and worming them. It would be like WWE wrestling! I would love to add it to their water, but I have heard that it is not water soluble and obviously the dosage would be iffy depending on how much each bird drank. Anyone had any experience with this? If not, maybe I can purchase a dart gun and get them all that way (KIDDING!!!). Thanks for any info!!

Leah

Hey Jen...I did read this article, but was concerned a/b dosage. Plus, I will have to leave the water out there, as the peacocks will not come over and drink while I am out there watching them. They are pretty wild!! So...I'm just not sure what to do. I could sneak out there at night and zap them, I suppose....it just would be a huge pain and it would get everyone really riled up.

Thanks for your input...Leah

Back
Top Bottom