Question about 3 week old Wyandotte chick

Dunwoody-Jen

Chirping
Feb 23, 2019
472997E9-3A28-4998-9A55-239D6E6C94DB.jpeg Hi everyone! We have 4, 3 week old chicks that we got as day old hatches from MPC. Swedish flower, Blue laced red Wyandotte, Super Blue layer, and Blue Copper Marans. They are all growing nicely and seem healthy but the Wyandotte is easily half the size of all the other chicks and just started to get tail fluff while others have full on tail feathers. Are Wyandotte’s just slower growers? She is the 2 nd chick from the top in this pic. Next to the BCM who is the biggest cho

This has been my first year with Wyandottes, and they were so tiny and slow to grow I wondered if they were bantams. Lol
They eventually grew and caught up with everybody else, but for a while they were teeny. :)

Thank you! I actually was beginning to wonder if she was a Bantam. Makes sense that a heavier breed would mature slower. I’ve got a 31 week old Lavender Orpington who has yet to lay an egg, while her EE sister has been laying like clockwork for over 2 months! Chickens are funny....

Back
Top Bottom