1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about a Brinsea Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by smellylittlemonkeys, Mar 24, 2009.

1. smellylittlemonkeys

smellylittlemonkeys New Egg

Mar 3, 2009
    I am pretty new, but have been reading a lot! I have a question about an incubator. Can you tell me what incubator the Brinsea Octagon 20 Dx And 40DxDigitalHihg Incubator is? I found it online. If you could explain it a little better then the listing did I would appreciate it, perhaps the link to what incubator it is on the Brinsea website? Also how much would you pay for it used?

Thanks!

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I don't know if this will help you but I have this site copied. I just bought a used Brinsea 40, have yet to receive it and know little about them.

http://shilala.com/oct40.html

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  3. smellylittlemonkeys

Mar 3, 2009
  4. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:It is unclear what model it is, looks like Brinsea 20, but headline says Brinsea 40, need to ask questions.

5. smellylittlemonkeys

Mar 3, 2009
    Quote:It is unclear what model it is, looks like Brinsea 20, but headline says Brinsea 40, need to ask questions.

I *tried* to ask them but it seems they are unclear on what they have. She says it is one incubator with 2 options?? I am guessing the turner is what she is talking about. It is 2 years old and she said she has used it once. I'm thinking it is the same one that people have posted about being $99, and then whatever the price of the turner.

6. smellylittlemonkeys

Mar 3, 2009
    I went back and they have added another picture, it is the 20 with the turner. Not sure where they got 40DX?

7. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:I asked them this question, they did not answered it clearly, so I asked again "are you selling 1 or 2 incubators" Waiting for an answer.

It is possible they mean bator and the turner (autocraddle).

Any way some people are so sloppy expressing themselves and simple communication....

To mi this deal raises red flag already.

8. smellylittlemonkeys

Mar 3, 2009
    Quote:I asked them this question, they did not answered it clearly, so I asked again "are you selling 1 or 2 incubators" Waiting for an answer.

It is possible they mean bator and the turner (autocraddle).

Any way some people are so sloppy expressing themselves and simple communication....

To mi this deal raises red flag already.

[​IMG] I was getting the same feeling. I asked a couple point blank questions and they were ingnored, she, he, whoever even added my question, that was not fully answered to their listing.

9. SpunkyChicken

SpunkyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Ugh I can't stand dealing with people like that. . Personally I would avoid placing a bid; if she's that incompetent before the sale, chances are she won't be much help if you experience issues with the transaction or the item afterward. Although I just scrolled down, looks like she doesn't accept returns anyway...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by