Question about a polish chick is it a boy or a girl? UPDATE IT"S A BOY

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BookWorm243, Nov 7, 2010.

1. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    I ordered 4 polish chicks that where sexed as females. I am wondering about the one being a roo and not a hen. I might just be over thinking it so I thought I would ask you guys [​IMG] The feathers on the heads of three of them are more of a puff. The other ones feathers run down the head of the chick. The last two are of the chick I am not sure about.
    Thanks

UPDATE: His little comb is coming in. Tallulah is now Aretemis LOL [​IMG] I will try to post pics later

Thanks For All The Help:)

Violet
    [​IMG]

Loosy
    [​IMG]

Tallulah (AKA Artemis)
    [​IMG]

Olivia
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    It is harder to tell with hatchery chicks. Give them a little longer and post pics again.

3. clacasse88

clacasse88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    I love them! Where did you get them? I need to get me some of those babies [​IMG]

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Exactly what I was thinking. Especially when looking at combs - Naturally and to the standard, a pullet/hen should have little to NO comb what so ever, but in hatcheries a pullet can have a comb big enough to make it look like a cockerel.

5. Nat123

Nat123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Home Sweet Home
    OMG! They are so cute! Look at those head feathers! [​IMG] Like punk-haired chickens! [​IMG]

6. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Quote:I got them from My Pet Chicken. I love them to! this is my first time with polish and I have been more than happy with them and where I got them from.

7. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

I think the 3rd is your only boy! [​IMG] My Houdans are at that stage too....

8. BookWorm243

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Quote:Really? I was hoping that would be a girl. The head feathers have just started coming in. I was really hoping for all girls I really don't want a rooster. [​IMG]

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Last two look masculine; the previous one I cannot tell from that angle.

10. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    Quote:And my girl looked just like that. Wait a bit.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by