Question about AI!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by [email protected]@2four, Apr 3, 2009.

1. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Hello all...I am curious about AIing a few of my show pullets/hens. I really can't have a roo in the pen with them right now for fear they will pull out their head feathers, but hate when they lay a "blank" egg. Can anyone turn me towards some detailed infor on chicken AIing?? I have looked on Youtube with no like and even googles it with none. Is there any good info out there? Feel free to PM me with info as I really don't want to offend anyone. Thanks SO much!

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Im shure someone will know [​IMG]

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Its rather easy to do. Its basically rub, rub, squeeze. I had once posted step by step instructions here on BYC, but I have since forgotten what thread it was in and have yet to located it again. I'll keep searching.

4. Poulets De Cajun

5. cherokeechick33

cherokeechick33 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2008
    kenton, Ohio
    what exactly is "AIing"??? I read this thread and was like HUH????[​IMG] [​IMG]
    thanks
    -T

6. Poulets De Cajun

Artificial Insemination

7. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:YOU ROCK!!! Thanks SO much!! I remember having this conversation with you on a thread before, but don't remember checking back with it!! THANKS SO MUCH!!! [​IMG]

8. cowman910

cowman910 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    how many fertile eggs can you get after you AI the hen?

9. Poulets De Cajun

I answered your same question in the other thread. For optimum fertility most breeders will AI every third day or so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by