Question about Baby Chicks..

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sugroxz, May 14, 2011.

1. Sugroxz

Sugroxz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Pleasant Hope, Missouri
    I am wondering if there is any reason that one baby chick would be chirping loud and the others are sleeping.. They all have plenty of food and water. I've checked the heat lamp lots to make sure it isn't to hot or them getting to cold. Is there something wrong with it that I might be over looking or do I have just a plain ole cry baby? What's your thoughts?

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    It could have some internal problem that you can't tell, and probably can't do anything about. I'd watch to make sure it is eating and drinking plenty -- sometimes they will keep one away from food and drink. If they all look the same you could put a zip tie on the leg or mark it with a Sharpie or marker. It might have something to do with imprinting, too -- if this is it, the chick should settle down soon.

Good luck.

3. Sugroxz

Sugroxz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Pleasant Hope, Missouri
    Quote:Thanks for your reply! I've seen it eat and drink.. Just being loud... I can say that it has quieted down just a tad.. LOL It is VERY easy to identify it.. It's the only one that screams.. Wonder if the zip tie could go around it's beek to muffle the chirp a little.. [​IMG] LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by