Question about breeding cuckoo silkie to white silkies???

Teresaann24

Songster
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
Eastern, Kentucky
I wanted to put my cuckoo roo in with one of my white hens to improve on type she is very typey what would the colors would I get? Would I get any cuckoo chicks from this pairing?

according to the genetics calculator you should get the cuckoo pattern but it might take a few generations of breeding back to get good color pattern and consistency through out.

Thanks, She would just be good to use for type her comb is right and coloring and all her offspring have been just as nice as her. The black girls I have been working with are either to young to lay or their crest are not as nice as her's. This girl is laying up a storm and has produced me some nice typey showgirl chicks so I think I may hatch some eggs from her and my cuckoo roo then.

White acts as an off switch to other colors, she could be concealing partridge or other colors "under" the white. there is no way to know what you would get. I bred a white and splash and got a grey
idunno.gif

I would avoid that cross and try to find some nice black girls, other wise you will be feed out a bunch of odd ball babies, unless you like odd.

Back
Top Bottom