Question About Brinsea Lockdown

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lark Rise, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Lark Rise

Lark Rise Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    East Central Georgia
    The instructions that came with the Brinsea says that on the AUTO mode the eggs will stop being turned 2 days before they are due to hatch. That would make Day 19 the start of lockdown. Everything I've read here says lockdown is Day 18. For those of you who use Brinseas, what do you do about this? Hatch Day is 01/28, so Day 18 starts tonight 01/25 at around 8 pm for our eggs. Do we turn off auto mode and go to manual? I've been watching the eggs "wriggling" for the last hour or so. It's past midnight and I really need to go to sleep, but I'm too excited. I never imagined I could sit for so long just watching eggs.
    Thanks!

2. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Just leave it alone. Let it do it's thing.....

3. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I always think of it as 18 days of turning and three days of lockdown and hatching. So you stop turning your eggs at the end of the 18th day. So lockdown starts at the beginning of the 19th day. I think the day 18/day 19 thing - BYC and Brinsea probably mean the same thing but just describe it differently. I think your Brinsea will be set up correctly, they're a very good make of incubator. Watch and see exactly when it stops turning, if you've got the time...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by