Question About Broody Buttons

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I was starting to save up eggs to incubate again so yesterday I go look inside their pen to see if there was an egg and there wasn't one. ( So I thought .. [​IMG] ) This morning I look in the corner of her pen and there is 2 eggs! [​IMG] So I was wondering if I left all the eggs she layed in her pen if she might go broody? Just a thought! I'd love to let her hatch out some baby buttons. [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    It's possible [​IMG] It never hurts to try.

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Well yesterday night I decided to go ahead and put them in my egg carton because they had spilled some of their water on the bedding and I didn't want the eggs to get wet. [​IMG]

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Awww, yeah you don't want to get those eggs wet [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    They bedding has since then dryed ... should I put the 4 eggs I have back in there? [​IMG]
    I only need 2 more eggs to have 6 so if she doesn't got broody then I'll just stick them in the incubator!

6. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    She might go broody if you let her keep the eggs. I have three that are sitting on eggs right now. Goodness knows I didn't plan it. I just didn't collect eggs for a couple of days and then didn't have the heart to take them away once they started sitting. Note to self: Get cracking on building more cages...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by