question about broody chicken and eggs

pnuts

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
my bantam cochin keeps laying eggs all over the place and not inside the actual coop which i dont mind but she decided to go broody in the barn today on an old feed trough near the ground where she could easily be picked up and eaten by who knows what (maybe me if she doesnt stop being a nut)
so i picked her up much to her dismay and put her in a big wire cage that is in their coop hanging on the wall(their coop is actually a stall in the barn i converted) and she was very upset even though i gave her back her eggs, made sure there was lots of warm hay beforehand, as well as food and water.
i left so she would calm down but do you think she will sit on the eggs again? or should i just let her out and throw the eggs away like usual?

oh also i have a rooster his name is carl and hes a silkie and he does his job i think

Well first of all...THROW THE EGGS OUT
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
Well you have to decide if you want more chicks. And cochins normally do go broody and they are the best birds to use for incubating ur eggs. She will most likely sit on them. You can take any eggs and put them under a broody hen or she will sit on another birds eggs just because they are there. It is just her personal preference. I say she would sit on em.

Last edited:
i wanna be a mama:D
the babies would be so cute. i will create a new breed called cochies oh umm cokies ohman

rhode island red mutts mixed with a silkie would look so weird also

does she eat and drink like normal? i would be afraid my hen would get sick again like when i got her if it lasted that long

Back
Top Bottom