Question about chicks in the brooder

WKYChick

Chirping
8 Years
May 10, 2011
I have one chick that is the loudest no matter where it is, is this normal for it to keep chirping, it has alarmed one of our older hens and she has been trying to figure out how to get to the chicks.

They just turned 1 week old, I have 3 zones, food/water, cool area/warm area

all the other chicks seem just fine, they lay down side by side and just this little one stands and chirps, it moves to the cool area and stands and chirps, even when it is eating/drinking it chirps; it sounds like its distress chirp, I have checked her over and don't see anything wrong.

Is there something I am missing, I am so new to all this and want to make sure I am not over looking something.

Thank you all for your help and patience
smile.png

Don't take my newbie word for it, but as long as he/she is drinking/eating/pooping normal I wouldn't be concerned. I have one that acts very similar and thus she was named Nervous Nelly. The only time she is not peeping loudly is when she is sleeping. I envision her constant jabbering: I'm too warm. No, I'm too cold. Hungry? No I'm thirsty. Hey, where are you guys? Are you guys sleeping? I like to sleep. Can I come over there? Oh, it's too warm over here, I'll go over there. Hey guys come over here... ad nauseam
roll.png

swampcat: that is a good way to see her, just plain fussiness
lol.png
I'm too hot, I'm too cold..., she loves being held, my DH will hold her and as soon as he puts her down she starts fussing and he picks her back up and she gets all quiet
roll.png

she is also the smallest of them all and I guess it is the new mommy worries and I get all worried over the little fuzzy butts
smile.png

We have one too..she does have a bum leg but she gets around ok..first few days I babied her but even now when she waddles around fine..she talks CONSTANTLY. She always has something to say about everything.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom