1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

question about color of duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by RoyalHillsLLC, Mar 30, 2009.

1. RoyalHillsLLC

RoyalHillsLLC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    NW Louisiana-Vivian
    Do all of muscovies color phases have the same color of egg? I am getting several of what I call the off-white eggs. I am also getting some eggs that are closer to a chicken egg in size and green. I am trying to decide if I have a chicken laying in the duck nest, or if one of ducks lays green eggs.
    I have three black/white muscovies, one white muscovy, and one white pekin. All should be old enough to lay right now. They are freeranging with a lot of different chickens.

2. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    I picked up so MuscovyX duck eggs and they are green. Do you know how long till the Muscovy mixes hatch?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  3. RoyalHillsLLC

Mar 5, 2007
    NW Louisiana-Vivian
    Interesting. I had not thought about the possibility a different drake got to my 'scovies. That big Muscovy drake of mine is so big and dominant I figured he had them, but he is slow also.
    Anyone else have a thought?

4. RoyalHillsLLC

Mar 5, 2007
    NW Louisiana-Vivian
    Hello, i kn we have some Muscovy breeders out there. Are all eggs the same color, regardless of color of the bird? What about pekin eggs, all white also?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by