question about Denagard

tammybeets

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 25, 2013
I am going to treat my Brahmas with Denagard as I am getting no results from other antibiotics.....My question is should I treat them with probiotics after giving them Denagard? or any other antibiotic? I am assuming the good bacteria needs to be replaced....any suggestions would be appreciated.. a list of.things that can be fed to them to replace the good bacteria would be appreciated also, we are new to the chicken world....just want the best for my small flock of 7......thank you...

Denagard only works against certain diseases. Do you know what disease(s) you're dealing with? What other antibiotics have you used?
As far as probiotics, they are not needed after using denagard.

bubbles In eyes, noses stopped up, sneezing....I am thinking chronic resp.disease. they have hadthis since we bought them a few months ago..i have tried tylan ...no success....I think they may have been sick when we bought them....my other 4 hens are not sick...that is why I wondered if it is going to hurt if they all get the meds..

bubbles In eyes, noses stopped up, sneezing....I am thinking chronic resp.disease. they have hadthis since we bought them a few months ago..i have tried tylan ...no success....I think they may have been sick when we bought them....my other 4 hens are not sick...that is why I wondered if it is going to hurt if they all get the meds..

You can treat ALL your chickens with denagard. Denagard treats CRD. CRD (MG) is very contageous and most likely your non infected hens will eventually become infected unless they've been seperated from the sick birds all along. You'll need to practice strict biosececurity if this is the case.

Back
Top Bottom