question about easter egger

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by llxll00llxll, Oct 20, 2007.

1. llxll00llxll

llxll00llxll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2007
    ::So Cal::
    i've got an EE hen...anybody know when she'll start laying... also.. 2 of my rhode island reds.. arnt laying either...there old enough... any ideas?

2. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    mine started laying around 6 months, just started and got end of may. my RIR started couple of weeks apart and they were hatched same day, so if others same age are laying it should be anytime now. [​IMG]

3. llxll00llxll

llxll00llxll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2007
    ::So Cal::
    they've been on the lay feed for about a month now... i got 4 more RIR pulletsd...the guy at the feedstore said would start layin dec-jan.

4. TitiBebbs

TitiBebbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2007
    We got ours in March and April. They've just started laying this month. We got the 2 Black Autralorp and BlueBelle (unsure of breed) in March and my Easter Eggers in late April. I get 1 green egg and 4 brown almost every day. The green ones aren't as regulary as the browns (pinkish) ones. I am pretty sure 3 of the EE's are female. So that is 6 girls and 5 eggs. It is still early yet.

Beth

5. ctjim

ctjim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2007
    lebanon,ct
    i got my ee's back at the end of may they were about 12 weeks old. they just started laying at the end of sept. they seem to develop a lot slower than the buffs.

6. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I got my 24 EE's April 23rd and they started laying around 23-24 weeks old...still some just started laying at 27 weeks old.
    Check the bushes if you are free ranging...I had to lock mine up for a couple days in their coop and run for them to understand what the nest boxes where for. Now they've all got it down 'mostly'!
    That first egg sure is like watching a pot boil!
    [​IMG]
    Tell us when they first lay! [​IMG]

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    We got our EE's in mid-May. Got our first egg from one of the ladies just before they turned 22 weeks old. They'll be 24 weeks tomorrow.

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by