question about eggs

bmchickens

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 14, 2008
w.v.
while preparing eggs for breakfast, the question of the white substance visible in eggs was raised.my theory is that it is seminal residue,because we know our hens are being bred. the wife doesn't agree. roll up your sleeves and jump in,the debate rages!!
cool.png

i was wondering this myself, but i didnt want to be the first to ask..
is it really? i have to admit, that would gross me out, thinking that i was eating..that.
lol.png

its just what holds the yolk in the middle of the egg.

Editied to add:
CHALAZAE- Opaque ropes of egg white, the chalazae hold the yolk in the center of the egg. Like little anchors, they attach the yolk’s casing to the membrane lining the eggshell. The more prominent they are, the fresher the egg.

Last edited:
willowcol is right on. There are many parts to an egg. The white strings or bands are what hold the yolk in place towards the center of the egg. On fresh eggs this is more visible. Store bought eggs have sat around and already started deteriorating by the time you get them.

O.K. If that's the case,where does the rest of it go,that which doesn't fertilize the egg? Think about it,that's the destination our creator intened for it to go to,isn't it?
cool.png

Since it take only 1 s cell to fertilze a egg, I would guess that the rest would wait inside the hen until she is ready to lay again. So is why it takes a few weeks to know that a chicken that had been in a mixed pen but moved with a different Roo would be fertized by the new Roo.

Back
Top Bottom